1. SOME FUN PATRIOTIC SONGS FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY!
1. MY FLAG, MY FLAG (#225) (with RibbonWands) See how to make them on my blog HERE.
2. THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER (Hymnbook)
3. MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE (#224)
|Only instead of blue, green and pink ribbons for the wands, you could use RED, WHITE, AND BLUE and then WAVE them to the BEAT of the SONGS!|
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY QUESTIONS FROM THE JAR….
3. DECORATIONS WITH A PATRIOTIC THEME WITH SONG TITLES TAPED ON BACKS
For the 4th of July you could also get red, white, and blue decorations from around your house and tape a song to each of the decorations. Have kids come up and pick a decoration and tell the group why they are proud to be living in the USA. It is good to have kids remind each other of how lucky we are to be Americans.
|Here’s some decorations from my house…lots to choose from!|
4. WAVE FLAGS TO THE RYTHM OF THE SONGS!! Another idea is to have little flags you purchase from the dollar store or Hobby Lobby. I found them at Hobby Lobby for 49 cents each. You could buy 8 flags to decorate your house and use them also in singing time
Pass them out to the class singing the nicest and they get to wave the flags on the next song. This is just a mini motivator to have some good singing happening.
|I’d bring a few things from my Table Decs too!|
5. TIC TAC TOE WITH RED, WHITE AND BLUE TAFFY PIECES!
I noticed at Walmart that they have red white and blue decorated Taffy pieces for only a few bucks and it’s a GIANT BAG! You could do a tic tac toe game using red white and blue Xs and Os and yarn and the winning team gets the candy or just use it to give one for each child that comes up and shares why they are proud to be living in the USA. An Independence Day link to a Quiz to use with Tic Tac Toe game is HERE.
Happy 4th of July Everybody!