Today I’ll share some fun things you can do for the kids’ birthdays. Besides the cute little doo dad the primary leaders give them for their birthday it would be fun to do some different things besides just singing the birthday songs.
This idea is from Primary Singing Time link is HERE.She has other cute ideas too.
|SING A BIRTHDAY SONG IN A ROUND!|
SING IN A ROUND:
Sing “You’ve had a Birthday” (CS 285) in a round:
Divide up the room into 2, 3 or 4 groups. Assign a singing leader to each group. Following the breaks listed in the Children’s Songbook, cue each group, in turn, to start singing the song (from the beginning).
1st group: You’ve had a birthday shout Hoo-ray.
2nd group starts, You’ve had a birthday shout Hoo-ray. etc.
How about doing the HAND JIVE! This idea is from Primary Singing’s blog, link is HERE. I would do this song to “Happy Happy Birthday Children Dear”
1. Slap legs twice on “Happy Happy”
2. Clap twice on ” Birthday”
3. Wave hands in front of the other twice on “Children Dear”
4. Slap legs twice on “Happy Day will”
5. Clap Twice on “Come To”
6. Wave hands in front of the other twice on “You all Year!”
keep going through the entire song.
BIRTHDAY KIDS WEAR THE BIRTHDAY HAT!!
There are also birthday cake hats you can purchase for the child to wear while they are sung to. I’ve never purchased one but I wish I had. They are soooo cute and the kids love them.
Here are links to a few I’ve seen online. HERE at Webhats.
|This hat is $13.59 on sale! I could use this in my family or my classroom too!|
The link for this hat is Here at everafter store. It’s only $14.95 It would be fun to see my 28 year old 6 foot 4 son wearing this hat as we sing happy birthday to him now, wouldn’t it? Super fun!!
For MORE fun than a hen in a pen, try the CHICKEN DANCE!!! It goes good with this birthday song “This month is such a special one it’s birthday time for you…
1. Both hands make a “talking”motion, 4 x to “This month is such a special one”
2. Flap wings like a chicken (hands by armpits, and wave the elbows up and down) 4x to “It’s birthday time for you”
3.Make body twist back and forth (4 beats) to “We really want to celebrate”
4.Clap four times to “This happy day with you”
5. repeat the 4 x fingers talking motion fo “Yippedy aye and hidey ho”
6. Repeat 4 x flapping wings to “there’s something we can do”
7. Repeat body twist 4 x to “We’ll sing a song that we all know”
8. Repeat clapping 4 x to “Happy Birthday to you!”
HOPE YOU CAN FIND A FEW WAYS TO SPICE UP PRIMARY BIRTHDAY SINGING TIME!!!